Results

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place

coming soon

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Old Sweater
#21 Posted : Wednesday, August 01, 2018 6:20:17 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Originally Posted by: J-rod Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Thunder Go to Quoted Post
This website is bad ass!

Cool bro

I just love your avatar! Yes sir I do..
Old Sweater
#22 Posted : Friday, August 03, 2018 7:22:02 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Walter here. Have any of you seen any other fooser play Jedi's FreeStyle? I sure haven't and the Jedi has mastered it making him a Master.
Slice/
#23 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 9:51:50 AM(UTC)
Slice/

You know what that makes you when you’re the master of a solo act....
Old Sweater
#24 Posted : Saturday, August 04, 2018 2:42:23 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

You know what I mean. Jedi has a high success rate with his freestyle. For comparison Jedi would have his own discipline in marital arts. Look at the players he won over to get that jacket. Own style with success.

Walter
Old Sweater
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 12:37:41 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Originally Posted by: Slice/ Go to Quoted Post
Can he do it by State since I’m playing expert dubs with Josh at State?

Please, please, please, please.........

Yeah I know, but Satan would look great with frost bitten horns

Yeah I can fine tune any players game, just hashing it out against me on a regular basis can alone up grade someones game. The hardest part in general is the consistent time factor one needs to make adjustments, and eliminate bad habits..

Example Slice, for the sake of constructive criticism.. That back pin set on the 2 rod you set up with, needs to be eliminated out of your game. It carries NO devastating effect..
First off, defensively it's to easy to track. Second you have no real versatility in that position. You would be more consistent scoring on goal with a front pin set or a standard push set starting from the wall.

Slice I don't have to tell you what a open zone and hole looks like, you just need better alternative natural movements that are more economical to shoot on goal with..
The two Rod is a rod of Versatility and constant adjustment, not one single set is absolute in scoring.

Now the question is here? How long will your own stubbornness take you to actually take the time to observe what I mentioned and make changes in what is a bad habit and weaknesses you have inbred for a long time now.. It's tough to break bad habits, but first you have to know what they are to be able to break them..

JediR.O.T.N. teacher
Slice/
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 07, 2018 12:45:43 PM(UTC)
Slice/

So the master of freestyle is telling somebody else to stop shooting something that is freestyle, different from somebody else. Oh the hypocrisy!
AKPV22
#27 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2018 3:05:03 PM(UTC)
AKPV22

Man

David, why do you feel you need to tell someone what to do which their game. Unsolicited advise is generally taken with a grain of salt. Especially coming from a player whose adopted a style that is more or less unteachable. As they say, do you boo boo.

OneWhoHasMasteredSelfPlayIsKnownAsAMasterBatorAK

ALSO ... what’s happened?!??? Gym is the funniest guy on this board. Josh! Help!!!
Never let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart
Old Sweater
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2018 3:49:30 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Originally Posted by: Slice/ Go to Quoted Post
So the master of freestyle is telling somebody else to stop shooting something that is freestyle, different from somebody else. Oh the hypocrisy!

Slice, That back pin set you do has nothing to do with freestyle.. freestyle is not little bits and pieces of this or that, or what may be different from one player from the next.
Freestyle is more about taking advantage of opportunistic moments, offensively and defensively at a drop of a dime..

All I tried to convey to you with all honesty, is the set that you use is limited. Now I know that's hard on the ego and their pride to say to someone that what they do is somewhat weak, but that is what is the hardest to deal with when teaching someone.

For sure, if you and I ever had the opportunity to session on a table 3+ days a week for a few months, then and only then would you fully understand what I'm talking about, because through a short time you would be forced to make adjustments to fit in to do what it takes to overthrow my game once or twice.
But in the little long run of it all, your caliber will increase some notches here and there, making it harder for the players that normally beat you, to actually beat you with your new caliber..

Master JediR.O.T.N. just a simple teacher
Old Sweater
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2018 4:21:26 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

And yes, freestyle is for the most part unteachable to players, but only because players in general are" NOT OPEN MINDED"enough to make changes to their game.
After all, it's human nature to reject change of any sort, because we are creatures of habit, and we have to be eased into Change, either by force or necessity!

Jedi
AKPV22
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2018 5:24:22 PM(UTC)
AKPV22

Man

Originally Posted by: Old Sweater Go to Quoted Post
And yes, freestyle is for the most part unteachable to players, but only because players in general are" NOT OPEN MINDED"enough to make changes to their game.
After all, it's human nature to reject change of any sort, because we are creatures of habit, and we have to be eased into Change, either by force or necessity!

Jedi

I’ll agree that most people aren’t open minded, as it’s human nature to fear change due to survival instincts. I know, speaking solely for myself, that during the development of skill sets I leaned towards a rigid playing style due to the success of players I was emulating ... see Papas/Moore/Knapton ... I will say the freestyle players tend to have a knack for loose ball pickup. I just didn’t see the translation to success on tour. The ability to throw in some “freestyle” helps to mix things up though. Hence the difficulty some see in playing a fiery beginner. They have the drive but misexicute so often it’s like an accidental freestyle of sorts.

JustACouoplePenniesAK
Never let a win go to your head, or a loss to your heart
Slice/
#31 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2018 6:33:12 PM(UTC)
Slice/

I’ve scored plenty of points and cleared plenty of times with the back pin. Hell, Dustin has even commented on a few occasions how awesome it is when foosers call time out to figure out a zone to block it. It is free style because free style is a person’s choice to play their own style. I also shoot and pass with a pull and shoot a push series with push kicks.
Not that it matters but I’ve been working the pull way more than the back pin. When I go to the back pin it is to help my forward out in the scoring department and clearing for me when the pull is just not on because the back pin adds more nastiness from me. Dustin, Boogie, Baller, Knapton, Nick, Josh, Tim, Lexi, Sticky, X, Moose, Dean, Kane, Cheezy, Kraus, Ross, Sherm, etc, etc, etc have never had issues with me using it while playing pits for them. Paul Renken even asked if I could hit it slower at the opponents 5-bar and it turned into passes to his 5-Bar. Juan Jr. even asked me to play pits for him on a goalie delight event. It’s a free style brother.
DJ Trash-O-Matic
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 08, 2018 8:49:47 PM(UTC)
DJ Trash-O-Matic

I really liked playing with the BPOS series!

TrashyMyStyle
Old Sweater
#33 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 8:23:16 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Yes AK, you just touched base with the fundamentals of freestyle, the root of it.
It starts from the beginner that plays in chaos, even some Rookies play the same "Chaos" in their stage level of their game, emulating the movements of the table.

The game of foosball in general is simply a chaotic game, as like watching the ball jump in the goal Miss haphazardly after a miss hit from the shooter. We have all seen it in many ways..
Now, freestyle in defense when used properly, can actually over come the mishaps of missed hit offense.
This refers more to the singles format than in doubles.

Time out
Continued later.

Jedi

Longball_Hitter
#34 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 9:36:23 PM(UTC)
Longball_Hitter

The 2bar backpin has a limited range of motion at its core. But if you can augment that with a release spray down lane or wall pass. Backpin into cradle push, circle over from backpin to push kick, or push pull kick, or backpin to cradle Pull. Mix timing. Etc you might get by.

Longball
Old Sweater
#35 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2018 9:50:42 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

At least the 2 bar back pin was something different to watch. The % cookie cutter game is the most efficient but doesn’t have much fan appeal. Dollars to donut holes rollerball would attract more fans. Or more passes/shots like this..........

https://youtu.be/FaWg5JrM818

Walter
Old Sweater
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2018 2:50:59 AM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Originally Posted by: Longball_Hitter Go to Quoted Post
The 2bar backpin has a limited range of motion at its core. But if you can augment that with a release spray down lane or wall pass. Backpin into cradle push, circle over from backpin to push kick, or push pull kick, or backpin to cradle Pull. Mix timing. Etc you might get by.

Longball

Exactly...... Options, options, options, "BUT", without ball control, nothing works right.
Freestyle ball control is the backbone of all things the table allows a player to do.
Examples... A front pin is a front pin no matter what rod or man you are pinning with, same as a back pin.
Then we also have the option of bouncing the ball off the wall in it's different variations, far wall, near wall, back wall, front wall, within the boundary of the rule of each rod.
Goalie in general, and more so than forward, has a lot more variations of control than the forward position.
The goalie has the ability to pass the ball around with their two rods, unlike the forward really can't get away with doing that for to long, as the opposing five is the deterrent of that.

Ball control is the very thing every player on the table chases to gaining possession of the ball, the better the ball control, the better one gains possession of the ball.
that goes without saying, but what's fucking hilarious, is that everyone can pin the shit out of the ball with every man on the table at a moment's notice, but when the ball is going to the goalie tender at a moment's notice, the goalie always seems to miss the ball.. now why is that??????

There's some food for thought!

Master jediR.O.T.N. teacher
Old Sweater
#37 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2018 4:00:28 PM(UTC)
Old Sweater

Slice, I'm not totally discrediting that position you use as an ineffective set, where you flower out your options from.
I just see things that can make an upgrade in what you do as your standard in that set.

I have a few questions here......

How often do you use the wing men in shooting, clearing, or passing?

Can you angle the ball to the goal from the back corners of the goalie position? of course using the wing men.

Can you shoot on goal, clear or pass, from the goalie tender ( what I call the King player figure on the table)
right after making a solid block? or at any other time you have possession at goal?

JediR.O.T.N. teacher
2 Pages<12