Results

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place

coming soon

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<23456>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jedi-Ruler  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 12:07:24 AM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

Lesson 03

Open and Ranked events v/s local point race events: which is a harder criteria to be a champion in?

To understand the difference between the two, one needs to know the answer to the A-B-C- question on post ( 46 )



Master jedi ROTN teacher

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 12:15:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 12:13:30 AM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

Originally Posted by: Jedi-Ruler Go to Quoted Post
Lesson 03

Whats more important to the player when it comes to ranking ?

Pick one letter:

A) The location of the tournament on the planet
B) The name of the events in the tournament?
C) The caliber of the players in the event?





Continued



And the answer is the very thing ive been preaching all along, only if one can see outside the box!

And I will not give out the answer, since it is obvious as the table field is green.....

After all there are 1400.00 + views, and I know thats not from just a few posters and an imp in the corner with a dunce hat on over his pointed ears...

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 12:35:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#63 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 1:59:09 AM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

Ok class.. so your not in the dark....I gave the definition for the meaning of Oracle on the thread 2020.

But first and foremost about being an Oracle, it has nothing to do with Fortune Telling, or anything silly as like perdition on who is going to walk in the door, or predicting anything with an exact moment predicted before hand, or something coming up not known..

human beings that are oracles are not know it all's... and we are not a walking encyclopedia, or an eye in the sky that sees all. And its retarded for someone to think so..
But personally as for myself, ive had visions since the age of nine, didn't figure it out till later on, when it scared the holy s*** out of me when I saw things unfold.



Time out continued

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 2:03:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

autechre  
#64 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 3:52:00 AM(UTC)
autechre

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 185
Location: god'sville

Originally Posted by: Jedi-Ruler Go to Quoted Post
Ok class, school is now in session.

I see that the view count on this thread is over a thousand, good start for the class room.

Now lets get back to ranking.....

First off the definitions used for the ranks mentioned above, came right out of Webster's Dictionary, just for all of you Skeptics out there in la la land, but that's ok, after awhile some of this will sink into your " pea brain's" once you get the whole picture of what the game is all about.
And.... because for sure its not about ranking, for that comes from human selfishness Pride ego that is added to the game to give it Flair.

The table game alone by itself, the raw nature of the makeup design of the table, is not created from what we call ranking... its only about winning and making everyone else lose at the best of your ability, which has nothing to do with rank, because any player can be beaten on any day regardless of their rank.
This ranking of what is given us, we wear like a tattoo on our forehead, that can also be defeated, for Master's can be beaten by any ranking... although a beginner wouldn't have much of a snowball's chance in hell over coming a standard master, but in Table Soccer anything is possible, it could happen? But remember beginning players dont have a rank.

Our given rank is only as good as we up hold it on the table. No MATTER of their rank everybody can lose. so with this said, ranking becomes over rated, because in the end of the event, somebody wins, and its not always the highest ranks..

In the beginning the game went two directions, the bar room bar hack game, ( the con end of the game) and the professional end of the game that took the game to the competitive level ( the pro level of the game ) like where the game is today.

I am always running into past players from long ago say to me... "wow I never knew foosball was so big or this professional"
As I replied, yeah its been like that for 50 years, since 1970, and I think a few years befor that time...

remember, it has taken the game and we the players 50 years to get here where the game is today..

Its not the same as the game once was, to much has been added for the sake of monetary gain, and its not a gain for the player's by all means.



Jedi


Stop lying, you know that you are complaining about the rankings to make your other lies look legit. None of your lies are or ever will be legit and anyone that believes anything you say is either new and ignorant or not new and ignorant. You never going to a real tournament that isn't in your state would be fine if you didn't lie all of the time and make gay lies that directly contradict what you do mentally and physically.

You need to understand that you think you are building yourself up or you just have fun lying like this and about this, or you are just a vegetable.

Either way, stop lying, which might and probably does mean, stop posting. Stop poisoning this website. Stop spiteposting, stop spitelying and every other form of fagtalking and spitefagtalking you do.

You aren't a teacher and you don't have any students except your imaginary students. There aren't any jedi sessions, Everytime you make this thread, you automatically say that people messaged you when most of the time, nobody messaged you. You are lying

Lies are poison and gay, which makes you poison and gay. Looking at your lies might not be quite as bad as a half of a second of gay porn but it is similar.

Stop and maybe someday people will forget about how gay you are and how stupid you are and how much you lie.

Go buy a vibrator and practice your sucking, and post videos of how good you have gotten.

autechre  
#65 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 5:31:42 AM(UTC)
autechre

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 185
Location: god'sville

Originally Posted by: Jedi-Ruler Go to Quoted Post
Ok class.. so your not in the dark....I gave the definition for the meaning of Oracle on the thread 2020.

But first and foremost about being an Oracle, it has nothing to do with Fortune Telling, or anything silly as like perdition on who is going to walk in the door, or predicting anything with an exact moment predicted before hand, or something coming up not known..

human beings that are oracles are not know it all's... and we are not a walking encyclopedia, or an eye in the sky that sees all. And its retarded for someone to think so..
But personally as for myself, ive had visions since the age of nine, didn't figure it out till later on, when it scared the holy s*** out of me when I saw things unfold.



Time out continued






autechre  
#66 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 6:50:37 AM(UTC)
autechre

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 185
Location: god'sville

Originally Posted by: Jedi-Ruler Go to Quoted Post
Lesson 03

Open and Ranked events v/s local point race events: which is a harder criteria to be a champion in?

To understand the difference between the two, one needs to know the answer to the A-B-C- question on post ( 46 )



Master jedi ROTN teacher





autechre  
#67 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 7:15:02 AM(UTC)
autechre

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 185
Location: god'sville

Originally Posted by: Jedi-Ruler Go to Quoted Post
After being rated an Expert for my first registered ranking, I began playing competitive for the remainder of the 19th century, competing in places like Pinky's, The Odyssey in Fort Collins, other places that I can't remember the names of, and of course the golden q and Ecks Saloon.
and everywhere I played I was the result of major controversy on and off the table.. hehehehe!
just as that controversy is alive and well today, even on this forum as I preach

And then on Oktoberfest in the year 2000, I was given the name jedi for winning a game against a player blindfold, and I've been a legend ever sense, for my half written profile on this web site proves that fact beyond the Reasonable Doubt.!
First off my name jedi is not self proclaimed, and second the northern players never stopped my reign in the North, at that time neither did the world title holders of the Metro players that ventured up north, they got their ass handed to them when they entered my territory of the north, and that includes the location way later on in 2013 called the Bit of Billiards in Longmont, that was ruled and considered the Northern Territory of the North...
6 years later....
Now Ray Gun and the jedi are on the USA team competing for a World Cup...

and as Fooser X said "and the Legend Continues".......



Master jedi ROTN teacher





Jedi-Ruler  
#68 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 7:01:31 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

To funny latley... for the last week since I reached the administrator, ive noticed that posts above are blank including the login name,with the exception of sweater and superman on the other threads....cant read it if they cant post anything, dumb sending a blank page, it just waists space in threads...SIGH!




Colo Oracle
Master jedi ROTN teacher

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 7:41:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#69 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 7:36:13 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

School is back in session...great to see over 1,500..views today.

I personally believe that points race events are way harder to snap out a win.
Main reason is because a player has to maintain a winning caliber for a longer duration through a collection of weeks.
In point racing a player has to finish high in the cash to get the bigger points.
And with the 1 point attendance point given to all who enter, is by all means not enough points to win a race alone by itself.
A player has to and is forced to finish in the money positions to get any benefit out of the points in the long run of the race event.

Keeping in mind that the player has to win more events or finish higher than everybody else to win it by domination week after week, month after month.
Just like TSK held the great Colo race of America's for 8 months for the state package in 2014....
What blew everyones doors off, was in August and September for those eight weeks straight, I double swept each weekend making 16 wins straight, Dyp and singles.. the result was a landslide win by one lap ahead of second place.. thats called domination..

Also point racing is totally an open event, since all ranking is welcomed in point racing, providing everyone shows up every weekend event to earn their points.. after all if Master joe blow won the first two weeks and then hes a no show for the next two weeks, its not the other players faults that Master joe blow is now sitting in 3rd position in 4 weeks, meanwhile the expert that was 4th is now in the lead in the race for the first month, now Master joe blow has to get his game and attendance in gear and compete for the next 3 weeks, because he is now in catch up mode.


On the other end of the scale there are the open, ranked, and specialty Events, Goalie War Forward Shootout, etc etc...
Now as we all know, these events are only a duration of a day or two of a weekend, depending on the amount of entries in any given event.
And also these events are 99% on the weekends... Fridays Saturday sunday, and monday mornings, as like senior doubles at Colo state last year..

This is why I give players the term, "during the week we are all student soldiers,( practice alone, or in session)) when friday comes and rolls around, we are all weekend warriors," ( performance or competitive) for that is our time of war on the table!

Getting back to the weekend events, as in Worlds, state championships, etc.
Again as we all know these events are played out about 24 hours give or take, again it depends on the amount of players and the total running of the whole weekend events as a whole.

Edited by user Thursday, March 19, 2020 12:39:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#70 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:32:42 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

Continued from above^^^^

These open and ranked events are also difficult to snap out a win , but there are exceptions to this.. a player is given one campaign, only one run to the Victor flag to capture and take home the gold..

And so Master joe blow wins the open event at Nationals.. weee hes a national champion, pull out the champagne!

Then he goes to Colo, or anywhere else on the planet for that matter, just to strut his win... then enter a local weekend event, and he gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter..
Then he tries the next week, and boom boombs out again, next week samething out of the money..
Well, so much for consistency, because he got his ass holela handed to him by the MASTER JEDI....hahahaha

Sorry class... I had to use a real example, names were changed to protect the naive..this same scenario applies to world champions, state champions, etc etc for we Colo players get the whole 9 yards when it comes to ranking..

The whole point here is the fact that" any player can be beaten on any day" reguardless of their past winning background..

Think of this... if one can wrap it around their head, like we do to the handles.

An open doubles event, i chose that because there's more people involved in the event..
This event ill call Groundhog doubles.

Because each event for 8 weeks is the same bracket played out from the start, in other words you play the same team at the beginning of the event every week, but as the 2nd event unfolds, different teams are in the different positions in the bracket..

Hopefully by the end of some weeks there is a pattern of who wins the most or, maybe its always a different team during 8 weeks... it truly depends on how each bounded team plays week after week..

Meanwhile The National Master, or the so call big world champion, has been sitting out waching around the Wayside table for 6 weeks out of 8.. not much of a show standing from a Master.



Continued... let this sink in.. all of you go ahead and use your own game and experiences in the mix of what I preach, really think about it, because in my tabletime experiences, I play against all leveled champions every week I venture out to compete, no different than anywhere else in the world.. playing the game is playing the game no matter where you are standing at the table... forget worlds, I want to go to the universe, for that would be bigger than worlds.....lol

Edited by user Wednesday, March 18, 2020 11:44:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#71 Posted : Wednesday, March 18, 2020 11:46:56 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

This is why I discovered a long time ago, it's not about what you name the event or where it is at, for it's all about the caliber level of the player base one competes in on a regular basis.
This is what manifests ranking in a player, how they focus and who they play against during their training, whatever it may be?

The game is about winning and losing, not about players ranking. It has zero to do with that, especially if a non touring expert on paper like myself as a non world champion, more times than not hand a world champion their asses on the table. After all dont get me wrong, I lose too, because I'm not exempt from the saying of "any player can be beaten on any day," but in my case in standing I win a higher percentage more than I lose...

And that takes us to the next stage in the game, The caliber of a player..



Continued

Edited by user Thursday, March 19, 2020 12:21:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#72 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:14:28 AM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

the calibrator of a players game can have a very wide range of abilities to his over all caliber of his game...like a player can shoot but he cant pass to well, or he's weak at forward, but performes well as a goalie, or vice a versa, a doubles player but not a singles player..

Then we as players observing other players across the table in competition, we dissect a players game into what he does and doesn't do...then we take it alittle further as to the form and the way they perform their movements on the table.

Is their ball control weak, bad , so so, adequate, good, great, exceptional extraordinary extreme.?



Time out
Need to charge the chalkboard....

Till next time, happy ball smacking


Colo Oracle
Master jedi ROTN teacher
autechre  
#73 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:03:58 AM(UTC)
autechre

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 185
Location: god'sville

Originally Posted by: Jedi-Ruler Go to Quoted Post
Continued from above^^^^

These open and ranked events are also difficult to snap out a win , but there are exceptions to this.. a player is given one campaign, only one run to the Victor flag to capture and take home the gold..

And so Master joe blow wins the open event at Nationals.. weee hes a national champion, pull out the champagne!

Then he goes to Colo, or anywhere else on the planet for that matter, just to strut his win... then enter a local weekend event, and he gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter..
Then he tries the next week, and boom boombs out again, next week samething out of the money..
Well, so much for consistency, because he got his ass holela handed to him by the MASTER JEDI....hahahaha

Sorry class... I had to use a real example, names were changed to protect the naive..this same scenario applies to world champions, state champions, etc etc for we Colo players get the whole 9 yards when it comes to ranking..

The whole point here is the fact that" any player can be beaten on any day" reguardless of their past winning background..

Think of this... if one can wrap it around their head, like we do to the handles.

An open doubles event, i chose that because there's more people involved in the event..
This event ill call Groundhog doubles.

Because each event for 8 weeks is the same bracket played out from the start, in other words you play the same team at the beginning of the event every week, but as the 2nd event unfolds, different teams are in the different positions in the bracket..

Hopefully by the end of some weeks there is a pattern of who wins the most or, maybe its always a different team during 8 weeks... it truly depends on how each bounded team plays week after week..

Meanwhile The National Master, or the so call big world champion, has been sitting out waching around the Wayside table for 6 weeks out of 8.. not much of a show standing from a Master.



Continued... let this sink in.. all of you go ahead and use your own game and experiences in the mix of what I preach, really think about it, because in my tabletime experiences, I play against all leveled champions every week I venture out to compete, no different than anywhere else in the world.. playing the game is playing the game no matter where you are standing at the table... forget worlds, I want to go to the universe, for that would be bigger than worlds.....lol


Stop lying, every single master there has ever been will sit on your face. You aren't going to go to the world cup unless you get lucky and they decide to use fundraiser money to pay for you to go but they might not want you to go because they might be scared you will talk like a fag too much.





autechre  
#74 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:53:57 PM(UTC)
autechre

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 185
Location: god'sville

autechre  
#75 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:56:20 PM(UTC)
autechre

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 185
Location: god'sville

autechre  
#76 Posted : Thursday, March 19, 2020 3:00:56 PM(UTC)
autechre

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 1/26/2016(UTC)
Posts: 185
Location: god'sville

Jedi-Ruler  
#77 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 1:25:54 AM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

For once and for all let this be known.. from here on out I am not bumping knuckles, elbows; shaking hands before or after any match ever again...
You all know I hate that shit anyway, so now I can say, "keep your damn dirty paws on your side of the table, you damn dirty ape"

For We are all dirty monkeys!


Colo Oracle
Master jedi ROTN teacher

Jedi-Ruler  
#78 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 7:22:37 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

Wow almost 2000 views on this thread...

Lesson 04

Classic style v/s cookie cutter tour style v/s freestyle.

which one is the better style???



Master jedi ROTN teacher

Jedi-Ruler  
#79 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 8:09:02 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

The classic style is the original used method, setting the ball up on one of the four standard set ups, pull, push,
pull kick, push kick..
Everything else remains the same on the table, as far as shots, not the tables themselfs, for there are many styled tables as you all know.

But style on the table has changed throughout the last 50 years in the game itself, as we as players created that evolution, although its own form has always been there on the table, we have only just Discoved it as time and the game went on, as the beat goes on.

the classic Style was played until the rollover was introduced,( wrist rocket, snake, rollover, )
Maybe now called a spin shot?
Im seeing some rookie players as of late, actually going past the contact point, on the second roll after the hit on the ball... Notice I said SECOND ROLL AFTER THE HIT..
Once the man rolls to the contact point where the ball was hit, the player figure cannot go past that engaging point from the shot..
Its very simple to understand here... once the ball Is hit on the first roll, the men have to stop somewhere inside the second 360 degree roll.

So I see the men on some begining rookies shooting a rollover as the men are going past the contact point in the second roll.
IVE BEEN CALLING IT OUT ON THEM IN FRONT OF OUR BASE, AND IM BEING TOLD IM WRONG ABOUT THE CALL.

IVE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME A LIFE TIME, AND I KNOW WHAT A ROLLOVER SPIN LOOKS LIKE,
And it has nothing to do with the hand coming off the handle on a quick grab on the handle, its all about the distance the rod travels after the hit on the ball...
Just to throw that out there for food for thought.

Now untill the rollover snake shot was introduced, the classical style was the standard method of style for players. All the players relished the pull shot, as in the player Todd loffredo,s pull shot ( The Loffredo long ).
Tom Spear's pull shot and methodical 5bar, Mike Bowers the first King in the game from colo, Doug Fury, dont remember where hes from?.
And we cant forget Robbie that also shot a pull, but converted to a rollover later on.
There are many many many more I could mention, but my just of these player examples is to establish the beginning of the classical Style..


Master jedi ROTN teacher

Edited by user Saturday, March 21, 2020 9:37:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jedi-Ruler  
#80 Posted : Saturday, March 21, 2020 8:38:05 PM(UTC)
Jedi-Ruler

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 5/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 0
Location: Greeley

To put it simply, the classical style is anything that is a standard set without a rollover set used.
Remember no one of the Masters shot a rollover at that time way way back when.. the pull was the standard, and the push kick was the next, then pull kick and push became in the mix with all the basic options each set had.

Now the rollover took the stage in the midd 90s if I remember right? Which is Irrelevant in this discussion.
But needless to say it took off, and thus became the standard on tour. and we all know everyone and their brother mother and sister and basically 90 % of players all shoot the roll over.

But during these last 20 years, I have been introducing freestyle, and actually ive seen for the last 7 years, players are picking up and using the same parts of my original design of freestyle, only because players copy what I offensively use on them.
Its about players see players do.


This continues also

Edited by user Saturday, March 21, 2020 8:54:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 Pages«<23456>»
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.